- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise (GF)
- 3Tbsp fresh chives or green onions
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp black pepper,
- Salt to taste
- 2 lbs fresh brussels sprouts
- 1 lb carrots
- 1lb parsnips
- Put first 8 ingredients together in a large glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake well. Dressing can be stored up to 3 days in advance.
- Trim and clean brussels sprouts and cut a small X into the stem end.
- Peel carrots and parsnips. Cut lengthwise, if large and then into thirds crosswise.
- Heat 2 large pots of water to a boil. Cook sprouts in one until crisp-tender about 6-8 minutes. Cook carrots and parsnips together in the other pot. About 6-8 minutes.
- Toss hot vegetables together with the vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Use fresh lemon zest for full flavour.
Make this recipe Vegan by replacing honey with agave nectar and mayonnaise with Vegenaise