- 3 delicata squash or 2 small acorn squash, halved, seeded and pre-baked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup each, walnut pieces, sunflower seeds, raisins
- 6-8 dried apricots, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1 cup (packed) grated cheddar
- Pre heat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet sauté onions in olive oil, until translucent.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, celery and seasonings and sauté until celery is tender. Set aside
- Scoop out about 1/2 of flesh from each squash half and place in a large bowl. Break into bite size chunks. Be careful to not damage the squash shells.
- Mix skillet ingredients and remaining ingredients with the squash chunks, fold gently.
- Divide into squash shells and bake until heated through, about 20 minutes.
This dish can be a side dish or a meal in itself.
Make this dish vegan by eliminating the cheese or replacing with non-dairy cheese substitute.