Gluten Free Flour Mix Ingredients:
- 4 cups rice flour
- 1 1/3 cups potato starch
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
Gluten Free Flour Mix Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375ºF. Turn on convection fan if you have one.
2. For the gluten free flour whisk together the flours and powders evenly distributing the finer powders amongst the coarser ones. Use as needed and reserve the rest for other baking.
1. Bring the coconut oil to room temperature then mix with the sugar.
2. Whisk in the applesauce and vanilla and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour mix, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Mix the wet and dry together. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop large spoonfuls on to a baking tray and press to flatten slightly.
6. Bake until lightly brown and the whole house smells like cookies, 12-14 minutes.
7. Let the cookies rest on the baking tray to cool just a bit before removing, about 2 minutes. Let cool completely, and if you like, layer with your favourite ice cream to make fun sandwiches.