- 4 oz. dark Belgian chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 3/4 cup Namaste Perfect Flour Blend
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly brush 9” x 9” square pan with melted butter and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in saucepan over low heat, stirring often to prevent burning. Set aside to slightly cool.
- Place egg and egg whites in mixing bowl; beat with electric mixer until foamy. Beat in sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture until smooth and glossy.
- Combine dry ingredients, except for chopped hazelnuts and orange zest, in separate bowl. Stir to blend. Gradually fold into chocolate mixture. Add vanilla and grated zest; beat well with wooden spoon by hand. Fold in chopped hazelnuts. Mixture will be thin, but don’t be concerned.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake in center of oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until dough appears set. Don’t over bake. Brownies will be soft in the center but will firm slightly once rested and chilled.
- Remove pan to rack to cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into squares.