- 2 cans (14oz) Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dill fresh, chopped
- 1 egg white or 1 egg substitute
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp. allspice, ground
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. each, salt, black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Place beans in a large bowl and mash.
- Stir in onion, dill, egg white, 2 Tbsp. of bread crumbs, garlic, cumin, allspice, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow pan.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of bean mixture, pat into a thick patty cake and coat both sides with bread crumbs.. Repeat until all cakes are formed.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Place oil in a skillet over medium low heat. Cook four minutes per side. Turn cakes over only once. Be careful turning as the cakes as they are delicate.